Sunday, February 7, 2010

Media Consumption Inventory
Media consumption is everybit of media or advertising that you encounter through out the day. You can probably tell that this would therefore be alot of thigns from cell phones to books to billboards. After some little tallys in class I discovered that i have 120 hours of media consumption per week. Considering there are only 168 hours in a week that is alot. That only leaves me 48 hours of sleeping and doing other thigns that don't involve media consumption. I tallied that i have 23 hours of print media consumption. The most of those hours are spent on readinfg internet sites, and close behind is hours spent reading magazines. The amount of hours spent reading novels and books is very low. Then we Have electronic media consumption, i have 96 hours of it. After reviewing the amount of hours in this section i found that I spend the most time, by quite a bit, is the amount of hours i spend on my cell phone with 35 hours. Then at 15 hours i have both the amount of hours spent surfing the internet and the amount of hours listening to pre-recorded music. As I said media runs our lives, almost anything we do has some sort of media involved in it. Media is everywhere, and will only continue to be a major influence of our lives.
Since the amount of hours spent on my cell phone is the highest amount of hours between anything, I have decided that for one hour everyday i will turn it off and not use it. I am already on the road to doing this 5 out 7 days in a week when I am at dance i turn my cell phone off, and onyl turn it back on once I'm leaving or need to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment