Thursday, June 17, 2010

Self Evaluation

In this documentary, I worked as the producer, I filled out the daily logs everyday and kept our team on track to getting what we wanted done. I helped with the interviewing and filming alongside of the other members when extra help was needed. I also took part in the editing process by putting in my two cents of when and how shots should be used. Along with the written work I also created the movie poster for this documentary.

The part I did best was keeping our group on task and on time. I kept a list of the shots we wanted to get in order to make this film a success. I also learned the different ways to edit and how the editting process works. I was able to add and remove shots when necessary, how to change volumes on clips and so on, which is significant to me because I never knew how to do that confidently before this film.

If i had to change something for next time, I would reduce the length of shots and excess talking that was in our overall film. I would want to be shorter and more to the point so that audiences stay engaged in the film and not get distracted. To get to this I would be more clear on what actual questions I want to put in the documentary before doing the interviews.

I would want you to notice all the hard work I put into all the written aspect of this project, by keeping a daily log I knew exactly what gone and when and what order the shots would be in when it came to the editting process which saved us alot of time. Also along with the written work, I would like you to realize that even though I was a producer I really stepped up and helped out with all the other aspects when it came to making this film what it was. I want you to know how much I learned from this project and how much fun I had making this film and everything I learned about the Yorkmills music program.

No comments:

Post a Comment